Our library will be operating on a pickup system only due to the Corona Virus Pandemic restrictions. Please read the policy below and follow the guidelines listed so this system will run smoothly. Anyone with an NCLS library card will be able to use this service.
All Central Square Library materials and loans from other libraries on a limited basis.
Use of computers, copier, fax machine and notary
TO REQUEST MATERIALS:
1. Login to your library account with your card number and PIN.
2. Search for materials in our catalog and click "Place Hold" to reserve them. You can have up to 5 holds per library card. Only 2 DVDs may be checked out at a time.
3. Wait for a phone call, e-mail, or text notifying you that your materials are ready for pickup.
4. Follow instructions listed below when you come to get your order.
You may also request materials by calling 315-668-6104.
The library is not accepting donations at this time.
Returned items are quarentined for 72 hours before being reshelved or released for reserves, based on the most current information available.
The library will take every step possible to ensure the safety of staff and patrons and will follow all safety protocols and guidance provided by the state and local health departments. It is expected that patrons follow any and all safety measures that library staff put in place. This may i include, but not limited to, social distancing, mask wearing, and staying home when you are sick.
PROCEDURES FOR USING OUR VESTIBULE PICKUP :
1. Place materials on hold with your library card.
2. Once you are notified that your holds are available, arrive at the library during pickup hours and park in front of the building. There will be no access at the side entrance. You may be given an appointment time if we receive a large number of requests on any given day. Our
pickup schedule is Monday, Tuesday, wednesday, Friday and Saturday 10-4. The library will be closed on Thursday and Sunday.
3. Enter the building at the front entrance and locate you materials on the table. They will be in a bag with your name on it.
4. Please observe social distancing and wear a mask if there is someone arriving at the same time you are picking up ypur materials.
* PLEASE DON'T ARRIVE UNTIL YOU HAVE BEEN NOTIFIED THAT YOUR MATERIALS ARE READY FOR PICKUP. This notification will be by phone call, email or text depending on your library account preferences. Since we are quarantining materials, this will take longer than normal.
RETURNING LIBRARY MATERIALS
Please use the book return for returning materials. This will be emptied daily. Staff is not able to take items from your vehicle.
Once you receive a notice that your item(s) is ready, we will hold it for 3 days. If you need an item held for longer than 3 days, please contact us by phone at 315-668-6104.